I am looking to calculate an OP Score (Overall Position). It is an outdated Queensland system of post-secondary-entrance rankings due to be phased out in 2018. None the less I am looking for specific information in regards to calculation an OP. The basics from the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA) is of little help in actually calculating a score.
If anyone is knowledgeable in this area it would be of great help if you could outline the basic of such calculations.
The information I have:
- Subject Rankings (SA#, HA#, VHA#...)
- School QCS Average (~173)
- Position in each Subject (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th...)
- OAI cutoffs (124 = OP1, <120 = OP2....)
From my interpretation of the resources at hand (QCAA):
- A SAI is deductible from subject ranking and positioning
- A scaled SAI is deductible from School QCS 173
- An OAI is deductible from interschool scaling (Unknown process)
Any specifics on calculating an OP score will be of great help.