I am planning to do "online office hours" for students in math courses (undergrad level). My motivation is:
- To give the students the possibility to ask questions remotely
- To give the students the possibility to ask questions anonymously
- To give feedback in realtime
Hence, I am looking for a software with the following features:
- I can create a chat room that I can open to a specific group of people (e.g. by sharing a link)
- chat rooms can handle about 100 people
- chat rooms are not public
- students can enter anonymously (e.g. with a self chosen user name)
- simple LaTeX can be rendered
- it has a smartphone app and a browser interface.
If you don't know of a software that fulfills all criteria, I would also like recommendations for tools that only fulfill some of them.